To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
£20,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
GearbyBear are recruiting for a warehouse operative who can act as a team leader and efficiently manage the warehouse operation during a period of rapid growth.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the fulfilment end of the business ensuring company procedures are followed.
You will also support the training of junior warehouse staff ensuring they are qualified & capable of carrying out their duties, while maintaining a high level of productivity in line with divisional KPI’s.
3 overriding qualities – do not apply unless you can demonstrate this.
We are looking for a 10/10 on the following 3 qualities;
· Can do attitude - no excuses.
· Speed and accuracy
· Tidy and attention to detail
Hard work will be rewarded!
· You will play an important role in supporting our growth by fulfilling orders and helping to provide an excellent delivery experience for our customers.
· Accurately picking orders
· Labelling the pallets ready for collection from our couriers
· Preparing orders for distribution
· Checking goods in
· Breaking bulk and repackaging where necessary
· Checking stock quality
· Checking the load ready for dispatch
· Breaking down stock deliveries and replenishing shelving units
• Ensure that any equipment checks are done at regular intervals in accordance with the company procedures and manufacturers recommendations.
• Monitor all new warehouse staff ensuring they perform their duties as laid out in the company handbook.
• Ensure a high level of housekeeping, keeping the warehouse tidy and free of obstacles.
· Ensure warehouse stock is managed effectively with frequent stock checks.
• Effectively implement H&S policy and procedures.
Benefits of being a Warehouse Operative at GearbyBear.
· Competitive salary
· Full training and PPE
· Part of a fast paced and engaged company.
· Free onsite parking
· Break room area.
· COVID compliant
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have a minimum of 1-year warehouse experience.
· Have a keen eye for detail.
· Be numerate.
· Thrive in a busy, fast paced warehouse environment.
· Must be an excellent communicator.
· Fluent in English
· Be a team player but also able to work on own initiative.
· Some experience of managing staff within a warehouse environment.
· Stock control experience
· Have a license for driving a forklift truck. (training available)
· Preferably have or be prepared to undertake IOSHH or formal H&S training Typical hours as a Warehouse Operative:
· 42.5 hours per week
· Monday to Friday 8:00-5:00 with 30 mins unpaid for lunch
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All of our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies