**apply to email@example.com
Maidstone / Hybrid
£30-40K DOE + Annual bonus opportunity
Our insurance client based in Maidstone is currently seeking an Assistant underwriter / Team co-Ordinator to join their Accident and Health team on a full-time permanent basis.
The company is currently based in Maidstone (with parking) however due to re-locate to Kings Hill in the New Year. This role is offering Hybrid working with 3 days office based and 2 days from home.
The successful candidate will ideally come from an Insurance background with some knowledge in relation to Underwriting, Broking or claims.
· To provide administrative and technical support to the underwriting team as required.
· Administrative and Technical support includes but is not limited to the maintenance of files and the processing, recording of business accounts accurately and in a timely manner on the Company’s IT and administrative systems in accordance with processing standards and procedures.
· Assisting the team in day-to-day ad hoc tasks when required (risk research, broker meetings, country overview reports and providing updates to underwriters).
· Oversight of the team
· Conducting weekly/monthly meetings
· Management Accident & Health management information reports
Allocation of renewals as well as underwriting.
· Enter submissions, rating models, quotes and bound policies onto the underwriting systems
· Conduct account clearance procedures with other parts of the company for risks or clash, as may be required – including catastrophe analysts, risk capture and data management teams
· Review quality control output from Global Services. Liaising with both to ensure accounts are processed on a timely basis
· Assist the Underwriters with day to day underwriting operations
· Assist in preparation of monthly & management reports
· Undertake research activities, as directed by underwriters, for additional underwriting information from the Internet or other external sources
· Maintenance of appropriate business activity logs to record submission activity or premium activity
· Prepare Standard policy Documentation for underwriters’ sign off reports
Account Query resolution
· Assist in the resolution of outstanding premium receivable issues, as may be directed
· Liaise with brokers on any outstanding information requirements
Resolve weekly processing reports
General Administration and team support
· Report into Branch Manager with monthly underwriting results
· Manage and
· Have daily contact with back office support staff, e.g. binder management team, finance and compliance
Answering telephone calls, responding to emails
Skills & Requirements:
· Strong time management skills
· To be able to work under pressure
· Very organised and systematic
· Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Power point and Outlook
· Ability to work independently using initiative and without guidance and as part of a team
· Entry Standard of education : ‘A’ Level equivalent or above
· Knowledge of Insurance but not essential to be accident & health related
· Underwriting, broking or claims background
· Competitive salary + bonus
· 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
· Progression opportunity
· Free on-site working
· Hybrid Home working with all equipment supplied
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website