**apply to email@example.com
Our client is seeking a SHEQ technician to assist in beyond compliance of all safety legislation and to provide timely advice and solutions on safety issues associated with their operations and developments. The main emphasis of this post is to provide a competent person to undertake required audits and inspections of operations and facilities to ensure continued compliance and identify areas for improvement.
· To assist with the management of the OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001 Safety Management system
· To monitor all safety occurrences and contribute to monthly statistical reports.
· To carry out the safety inspections, audits and safety tours.
· To assist in the provision of proactive, efficient and professional general safety advice within a port environment.
· To assist in the development of procedures and guidance.
· To prepare reports and documentation as deemed necessary.
· To act as an ambassador for the organisation’s safety culture and work with colleagues to deliver cultural change.
· To assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents as required.
· To carry out a wide variety of practical duties in relation to health and safety matters falling within the remit of a Safety Technician.
· To attend all such internal and external meetings, conferences and training courses as may be required by management.
· To undertake audits of the Board and its partners, tenants and contractors to provide assurance on the safety management system and safety risks.
· To assist in the development and delivery of safety training and engagement initiatives that improves the safety performance
GENERAL / OTHER DUTIES
· Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the jobholder’s skills, abilities and status
· To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced
· To maintain a current First aid at Work qualification
· To identify and manage risks, particularly those which affect safety, and to ensure that all tasks under your control are performed with the utmost regard for health and safety. To facilitate effective communication on risk and safety issues between the team and senior management
· IOSH Managing Safely
· Willing to work towards NEBOSH General Certificate in Safety
· NEBOSH General Certificate or willing to work towards NEBOSH General Certificate in Safety
· Tech IOSH or working towards Grad IOSH
· A working knowledge of OHSAS I8001/ISO 45001
EXPERIENCE / GENERAL SKILLS
· Carrying out safety site inspections
· Delivering training programmes
· Knowledge of safety legislation
· Knowledge of investigation techniques
· Awareness of Environmental Legislation
· Confident to work alone or as part of a team
· Good public speaker with the ability to deliver training courses/presentations
· Ability to access heights
· Ability to take part in an on call rota on completion of specific training
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.