Senior Terminal Supervisor
**apply to email@example.com
Senior Terminal Supervisor
Excellent Salary plus Benefits
Are you experienced in the supervision of a busy sea terminal, port or marine facility? Are you either electrically or mechanically engineer trained and looking for a new exciting career move? Then this may be the role for you.
Our business client is seeking a Senior Terminal Supervisor to assist with the safe operation and management of a small team involved in all aspects of the company’s product importation cycle.
You will plan and supervise the regular maintenance of equipment in preparation for the vessel to ensure a smooth and efficient operation during the port unloading stage.
As a part of our team, you will:
· Operate and manage all operational aspects of the terminal, including bulk ship handling, product storage and handling, equipment maintenance, and upkeep.
· Unloading of imported products ships in a timely manner.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company's equipment, including but not limited to vessel unloaders, shovel loaders, weighbridges, silos, forklifts etc.
· Collaborate with the Operations Manager to develop and implement operational strategies, policies, and procedures to optimize terminal efficiency.
· Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, and vendors to ensure the availability of resources and materials required for terminal operations.
· Maintain a high level of health and safety adherence by enforcing safety protocols and promoting a safety-conscious culture among team members.
· Conduct regular inspections of equipment and facilities to identify maintenance needs and initiate repair or replacement actions as necessary.
· Keep accurate records of terminal operations, including inventory levels, product quality, and equipment performance.
· Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering qualification.
· Forklift Truck licence
· Regular maintenance of equipment.
· Strong SHE experience with ideally a qualification.
· Experience in port / sea terminal management with cementitious material a distinct advantage.
· Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate their team.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website – search “Interpersonnel Kent”