Senior Procurement Manager
**apply to email@example.com
Senior Procurement Manager
Negotiable + Excellent benefits
Full time / Permanent
My client an award winning industry fruit grower is seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to support the wider business in improving the way they work, and meet new challenges that present themselves. This is a key role working with our Spanish suppliers, so a good level of Spanish is needed for this rewarding role.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Responsible for long term company procurement strategy on import fruit.
· Directing and managing imported procurement function for these products
· Responsible for maintaining the strategic relationship between key suppliers and partners.
· Ability to read the market & propose calculated and agreed risks to grow business.
· Close working relationship with Trading and Technical teams to deliver the strategic plan for the business.
· Drive sustainable return for all stakeholders
· Support import fruit category management · Mentor less senior people within the team
· Deputise for Procurement Director in both internal and external engagements.
· Delivery of growth against business strategic objectives
· Responsible for P&L & foreign currency requests
· Build a strategic oversees supply base to achieve growth targets in business plan and exceed customer expectations
· Look at ways to add value, while achieving a low cost supply chain · Co-responsible for demand planning with trading teams
· Accountable to follow technical diligence policies and procedures · Communicate and assist in country technical procurement managers
· Pre-season and post season growers’ reviews
· Be up to date on development of new varieties, technology and sourcing options- both countries of origin and logistics.
1. Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
2. Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
3. Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
4. Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
5. Be able to communicate in Spanish at a level which enables you to work with nonEnglish speaking suppliers.
6. Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
7. Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
8. Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
9. Strategic thinker adopting a risk aware approach
10. Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
11.Good organisational skills
12.Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website