**apply to email@example.com
£26,000 - £30,000k DOE
Location – Northfleet, Kent
My are a leading company specialising in the distribution of fixings, fasteners and supply of equipment to the building trade across London and the South East. They are looking to recruit a Purchasing Co-ordinator for their Procurement Team.
You will be responsible for analysing, purchasing and maintaining the Company’s stock requirements and Driving On Time In Full (OTIF) delivery. The role will build and maintain close working relationships with suppliers to find innovative solutions to meet customer demands.
The Company maintains a stock holding of up to £2 million in sales value at any one time, with forecasting and logistical planning of this stock being key to our success. The Purchasing Co-ordinator will be responsible for supporting the Operations Director with day-to-day management of stock as well as fulfilling individual functions and duties within the Procurement Team.
From forecasting, order processing, checking order acknowledgements through to pricing and delivery, the role will be involved in the full procurement process. Both immediate and longer-term product shortfall will require monitoring and fulfilling by working closely with both the Sales and Operations Teams.
· Analyse product trends and sales history to accurately forecast potential purchase orders
· Raise accurate purchase orders based on immediate shortfall and from Product Team Manager plans
· Ensure that all goods are delivered accurately and on time via the most cost-effective methods
· Highlight and communicate, as necessary, issues caused by delivery delays
· Optimise the use of slow-moving stock
· Assist in dealing with customs documentation and shipping quantities
· Assist in generating non-conformance reports on suppliers’ performance issues and oversee the department’s non-conformance register
· Gain an in-depth understanding of our products and suppliers
· Negotiate best price verses service for inbound freights and suppliers
· Work with the Sales and Operation Teams to detail Bills of Material for manufacture and Work Instructions as necessary
· Work confidently with all departments to ensure high product quality
· Work flexiby and cover other team members when required
· Proactively liaise with the Operations Director with ideas for improving process and provide updates on supply trends.
Key Skills and Competencies
· Previous experience in purchasing or supply chain role (1 year minimum)
· High competency level in Excel and other MS Office Applications
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Good general administrative skills
· Excellent numeracy and accuracy skills
· Flexible and agile
What’s on Offer:
· Competitive basic salary up to £30,000pa – depending on skills and experience
· Free parking
· Pension Scheme
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website