*** to apply please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for a Pre-School Manager to support our beautiful village Pre-School in Eccles, Aylesford. We are looking for a Manager who is passionate about early years and who shares our values in nurturing and educating children to be their very best. The Pre-School Manager will inspire and lead the Pre-School staff in order to provide safe, high quality education and care for each child and their family that attends the pre-school. In addition to taking the lead in the Management team of the setting, this role is also the key partner between the setting and the Committee of Trustees, working with them to provide the vision and delivery of the ethos of Eccles Pre-School.
Pre-School Manager Role
The Pre-School Manager will monitor and evaluate practices, policies and process that support children’s education, development and wellbeing. The role requires good communication skills, high levels of motivation and able to work under pressure. It will include managing multiple priorities and longer-term projects, ensuring the setting continues to meet the safeguarding and welfare, learning and development requirements within the Early Years Foundation Stage, Ofsted and other legislative requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· To work within the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework and the vision and values of the Pre-School to promote high levels of education and care; supporting the happy and successful transition of children into school.
· Develop the highest quality of Early Childhood practice and experiences for all children in the setting including those with Disability or Special Educational Needs promoting independence and emotional well-being support by embedding the Pre-School’s policies and procedures and expectations.
· To draw up curriculum plans across the setting - which will ensure that each child is working towards the outcomes of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the pre-school curriculum through its delivery.
· To be responsible for providing high quality care and learning - ensuring that all staff are correctly assigned and provide stimulating and varied opportunities for children to become motivated and enthused in their learning.
· Lead and role model professional practice at all times alongside high standards of behaviour within the staff team to inspire and support staff to become high performing practitioners.
· To work congenially with all colleagues in a team ethos, creating a nurturing, happy and secure environment and to be actively and fully involved in all activities associated with the Pre-School.
· To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record keeping - so that children’s attainment and progress is effectively and regularly assessed and to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the procedures.
· To monitor and track the learning and development of all children in the setting- supervising and keeping the necessary records for this purpose.
· To ensure statutory and business records are regularly updated and maintained – this includes the daily attendance register, accident book and welfare records. This also includes keeping the policies and procedures of the Preschool updated and implementing them in line with current regulations.
· To ensure that health and safety procedures provide a safe environment - that promotes the health and wellbeing of all children, staff, families and visitors.
· Designated Safeguarding Lead for the setting – ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the setting is always promoted, to ensure the team follows safeguarding procedures as detailed in the setting’s policy.
· To work closely, monitor and supervise the setting’s SENDCo – keeping abreast with new training and research, working with outside specialist teams as necessary to ensure children with special educational needs and disabilities make the desired progress.
· To keep up to date with research and good practice – both to improve knowledge and understanding and ensure effective practice within the setting.
· To lead and be main liaison with the Committee of Trustees, Social Services and other professionals across the setting.
· To manage an effective performance management system – including carrying out regular supervisions and appraisals for all Preschool staff. Also includes maintaining an accurate succession plan which demonstrates the commitment to supporting staff CPD and whole setting training requirements to ensure a highly effective staff team.
· To provide IT training/support – to enable staff to fulfil their role in undertaking observation and evaluation of children’s development.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of Level three in childcare (Essential)
• An understanding of the Key Person approach, the purpose of which is to help build strong and positive relationships between Practitioners and children/families, resulting in confident children that are happy to learn and explore.
• An excellent understanding of safeguarding and how this is put into practice on a daily basis with children and families.
• Excellent knowledge of the Ofsted requirements as detailed in the new framework that came into force in September 2019.
• First aid at work or willing to undertake up-to-date training
• Relevant safeguarding/child protection training and willing to undertake further training
• Flexible hours available
• Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques both written and oral.
• Competent user of ICT systems and has the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills.
• Able to manage workload, deadlines and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results.
• Highly motivated and passionate for Early Years
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Calm approach under pressure and always showing a 'can do' attitude.
• Previous experience in a Manager role within childcare is preferable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Any appointment to this role will be subject to the completion of a DBS application and obtaining satisfactory references.
Eccles Preschool is an equal opportunity employer.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website.