Preschool Key Worker
**To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for a Pre-School Practitioner (key worker) to support our beautiful village Pre-School in Eccles, Aylesford. We are looking for an early year’s practitioner who is passionate about early years and who shares our values in nurturing and educating children to be their very best.
Pre-School Practitioner Role
To work as a keyworker and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the Pres-School Manager to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Act as a key worker for a group of children, actively participating in the care and learning of these children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring these children’s’ needs are recognised and met, with direction from the Pre-School Manager and Deputy.
· Observe and assess children, planning and evaluating and reflecting on children’s interests and needs.
· Working with parents that will include daily informal contacts, regular reviews and sharing their child’s learning.
· Advising the Pre-School Manager of any concerns (e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary).
· Under the direction of the Pre-School Manager and Deputy, ensure that the children engage in activities that develop their potential and that creativity and curiosity are fostered within their learning environment, and that they develop their interests and engage in positive social interaction.
· Planning a full range of stimulating activities for children as part of their intellectual, emotional and social development.
· Encouraging the development of language and speech including the provision of additional assistance and support for those children with special needs.
· Taking a wide interest in all subjects and developing practical knowledge of a wide range of creative skills.
· Becoming widely involved in discussions and development of school policies and practice.
· Regularly lead small group sessions, and to take the lead in whole class learning and teaching, as directed by the Pre-School Manager or Deputy.
· Undertaking and helping with daily domestic jobs within the setting (e.g. preparation of snack, cleaning equipment etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of Level two in childcare
• An understanding of the Key Person approach, the purpose of which is to help build strong and positive relationships between Practitioners and children/families, resulting in confident children that are happy to learn and explore.
• An understanding of safeguarding and how this is put into practice on a daily basis with children and families.
• First aid at work or willing to undertake up-to-date training
• Relevant safeguarding/child protection training and willing to undertake further training
• Flexible hours available
• Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques both written and oral.
• Competent user of ICT systems and has the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills.
• Able to manage workload, deadlines and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results.
• Highly motivated and passionate for Early Years
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Calm approach under pressure and always showing a 'can do' attitude.
• Previous experience within a childcare setting is preferable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Any appointment to this role will be subject to the completion of a DBS application and obtaining satisfactory references.
Eccles Preschool is an equal opportunities employer.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies