**apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
£30-40K + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a key ferry port, handling a significant proportion of the UKs trade in goods. Each year more than 2 million freight vehicles, 2 million tourist vehicles and 10 million passengers pass through the Port. We also welcome more than 100 cruise ships, 150 cargo vessels and 4,000 leisure boats each year. Providing the infrastructure to support this busy 24/7 operation requires a dedicated team of people working in a diverse range of roles. We are committed to developing the skills and industry knowledge of our employees to enhance performance and support the achievement of our business objectives.
An exciting opportunity to act as NEC Supervisor, supporting the implementation of civil engineering schemes in the Port’s busy operational environment by ensuring construction works are carried out in accordance with the technical specifications and drawings under the NEC forms of contract. In addition, using a collaborative approach you will prepare packages of works, plan, co-ordinate, and manage onsite construction of civils, highway, drainage and other underground utilities & infrastructure activities, ensuring they are delivered to appropriate health and safety standards and guidance. Your attention to detail and problem solving attitude will ensure works are undertaken to a high quality and to programme.
Skills and Qualifications:
▪ Minimum HND or degree in Civil Engineering or Construction related discipline.
▪ Minimum 5 years background experience in ensuring compliance of construction works in accordance with the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW).
▪ Demonstrable experience acting in capacity of the ‘Supervisor’ under the NEC 3 or 4 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC).
▪ Experience undertaking design of highway infrastructure is desirable but not essential.
▪ Understanding of CDM regulations.
▪ Strong record keeping and organisational skills, and use of MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies