**apply to email@example.com
Professional Department: Engineering Services
£25,500 + Excellent benefits
Reports To: Lead Technician (Mechanical)
Our client and our subsidiaries, deliver effective gateway and traffic services for our customers. Processing up to 10,000 Lorries per day, 120 ferry crossings, 130 cruise ship calls each year, 335k tonnes of refrigerated cargo, and a vibrant marine leisure sector. It is a 24 x 7 business, facilitating over £120 billion in trade each year.
It is a fast pace operation facilitating the highest volumes of traffic and vessels of any ferry port in Europe. Each day, the capacity of the port is turned over 5-6 times, which demonstrates the intensive use of the infrastructure to produce the business volumes.
Ensure the asset base and operational capability perform to the highest standards to enable continued traffic growth – safely, securely and reliably
To play an integral part in the function of the Engineering Section. To assist the Management team in ensuring that the Board’s assets are maintained and repaired effectively, efficiently and to the appropriate standards of safety. Duties of the Post Holder
• Carry out aspects of improvement, maintenance and repair works to the Board’s assets within the team’s particular area of expertise. This will require a degree of technical knowledge over a wide range of engineering plant, equipment, and installations. To be able to carry out this work to a very high standard, working on one’s own initiative and with minimum supervision is essential. To assist in a range of welding, fendering and machining.
• Assist in fault finding on equipment and implement solutions.
• Carry out planned preventive and reactive maintenance in accordance with any written instructions, perform routine repairs and complete report sheets either manually or electronically.
• To assist in technical/statutory inspections and report either verbally or in writing and to work on and update basic spreadsheets requested.
• Liaise with others in the team regarding plant or equipment failures, identify any recurring faults and suggest practical solutions.
• To be conversant with and to ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with risk assessments and various statutory requirements, including the Board’s Health & Safety Policy.
• Liaise directly with staff of other directorates, contractors, port stakeholders and other outside organisations as appropriate.
• To provide a flexible approach to normal working time, work overtime and attend emergencies and breakdowns as required.
• To support with the delivery and operation of plant and equipment.
• To undertake courses of retraining and improvement as they become necessary.
• To actively participate in the provision of excellent customer service to both internal and external clients. •
To contribute fully to the achievement of departmental project plans, service level agreements and key performance indicators.
• To demonstrate a high level of professionalism with regard to personal appearance, oral communication and quality of work.
• To proactively assist with the improvement of processes and tasks by challenging the norm and suggesting solutions.
• Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the jobholder’s skills, abilities and status.
• To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
• To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To identify potential risks in the work area, and to report such risks promptly to management.
Knowledge & Experience •
Apprenticeship in an appropriate discipline to minimum NVQ level 2 standard and associated C&G’s Or
• Proof of work in a similar job role. Supplemented by suitable qualification in either or motor industry, marine, plant or industrial background
• Experience working within industrial environments and workshops.
• Hydraulic, heavy machinery experience • The ability to weld and limited fabrication would be an advantage but not essential
• Able to carry out Mechanical assessments and capable of reporting faults both verbally and written • Good standard of IT literacy
• Full driving licence Our Business (Practical Application)
• Ability to plan and execute workload for self • Able to demonstrate responsibility and pride in own performance and that of the team
• Good interpersonal skills, able to liaise with colleagues, supervisors and managers
• Ability to work and co-ordinate with other disciplines. Capable of dealing with emergencies and working under pressure
• Able to deal with others in highly stressful situations
• Requirement for prolonged concentration when working on plant and equipment
• Exposure at times to unavoidable highly unpleasant working conditions, which include extreme noise, cold, dust dirt, weather etc. Team (People & Behavioural Skills) • A positive attitude to work including team working, problem solving, innovation and general flexibility
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies