My client based in Ashford has an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with experience in production and engineering design to join our team to assist in driving the company growth forward into the future.
The duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
· Ensuring day to day production operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner at all times
· Management of the manufacturing team consisting of a Team Leader and 14 multi-skilled operators
· Production and resource planning to ensure achievement of the sales order plan. Produce weekly and daily production plans
· Develop skill set of manufacturing team
· Identify and implement projects to improve productivity and product quality
· Occasionally produce 2D CAD drawings for product customer approval
· Check CADCAM drawings/programs as required
· Troubleshoot problems to achieve quick and effective resolution – mechanical, electrical, instrumentation.
· Provide advice and support to the Team Leader and operators as required
· Where necessary investigate customer complaints, implement fixes and feedback to customer
· Implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and arranging both routine and breakdown maintenance
To make an impact and be successful within this role the candidate should be able to demonstrate examples of the following:
· Preferably have sheet metal manufacturing management/leadership experience with an emphasis on stainless steel
· Implementation of Lean Manufacturing philosophy and continuous improvement projects and the outcome
· Production and resource planning in a just-in-time environment
· Good Excel skills and able to create simple ‘programmes/modules’ to improve operations
· Some CADCAM skills (minimum 2D)
This role requires the successful candidate to be engaged and involved in the day to day manufacturing activities. He/she works with the Sales and Supply Chain Operations Manager to ensure effective operation of the business and execution of the Sales Order Plan. This role and the Sales and Supply Chain Operations Manager role effectively run the business and therefore the candidate must be a self starter who requires minimal guidance and support. The role reports to the Managing Director.
The business operates on short lead times with very limited forward order book visibility hence the successful candidate should enjoy working, at times, under pressure to deliver exceptional results. The position holder will need to be able to interact well at many levels and be prepared to get their hands dirty as needed!
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website