Maintenance and Facilities Assistant
*** CV's to email@example.com ***
Permanent / Full Time Role – 37 hours per week
Salary £21,000 p/a
A rare and exciting opportunity has become available to join the team at the amazing not-for-profit East Malling Trust.
East Malling Trust was established in 2010 in its current form, although its origins go back to the 1920s. The Trust’s objectives are; support for science and research in horticulture; maintain the history of the Estate and the heritage of Bradbourne House, a Grade 1 listed building. It also provides property and facilities management and support services to the Estate and its grounds.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Team Leader the post holder will be
required to assist in maintaining the Trust’s properties and Estate.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Undertake planned and reactive maintenance activities as appropriate working independently as well as part of a team
· Assist Maintenance team in identifying & repairing faults to services, plant & associated equipment
· To collect parts and equipment from suppliers
· Undertake redecoration tasks as required
· Provide general Portering Duties and Collection and disposal of general rubbish within the grounds
· Escort Contractors and Visitors where required
· Assist other trades and be willing to carry out other roles where appropriate including cleaning
· To regularly provide feedback and updates to Line Manager
· Partake in an out of hours on call rota for evening/weekend on call duties
EMT is committed to achieving a high standard of health and safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
To take an active role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Job Requirements and Person Specification
Clean driving licence
Good standard of general education including Mathematics and English
Good DIY/decorating skills
Good communication skills with the ability to deal with people
Good organisational skills and attention to detail
Previous Maintenance experience
Basic Plumbing skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
· This role can be physically demanding and it will require the ability to lift, pull, push and carry moderate loads, along with working at height on occasion
· Ability to set priorities when there are multiple demands from different clients
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Innovative with confidence in sharing ideas
· Willingness to be flexible
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies