Machine Operator/Production Team Leader
***Apply to Martine@interpersonneluk.co.uk
Role: Machine Operator/Production Team Leader
Reports to: Deputy Production Manager/Shift Supervisor
Hours: Week 1 - 6am to 2pm and Week 2 - 2pm till 10pm alternating weeks Mon to Fri
Hourly Pay: £15.19
We are recruiting for a permanent Machine Operator/Production Team Leader to work for our client based in Ashford – Our client supplies its ever-growing global market with high quality fresh-frozen fruit and veg. If successful, you will be working for a dynamic family run business who produce and market high quality products around the globe.
Health and Safety - To ensure staff are working in a safe and efficient manner across the factory and report all near misses, unsafe observations, and accidents.
• Food Safety and Audits – Ensure the safe packing of food to ensure compliance with customer and BRC standards.
• Factory GMP – Ensure high working standards in relation to hygiene, technical documents and samples being taken to conform with customer and BRC requirements.
• Responsible for the production lines performance including equipment and people.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Can do attitude – leads by example and takes a hands-on approach.
• Work closely with other Team Leaders, their teams, and other departments to maximise efficiency. • Motivate teams and individuals to achieve their potential.
• Proactively deal with performance and welfare issues in their teams.
• Champion continuous improvement in the factory including Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
• Good communication at all levels using verbal and written methods.
• Deliver and motivate strategic goals and objectives to Factory employees in a clear and concise manner.
• Champion the need for change and encourage teams to get actively involved.
• Achieve Line KPI’s
• Ensure the Line and Team are working efficiently.
• See opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.
• Clearly understand who the customers are both internal and external.
• Make best use of available time and resources.
• Manage efficient use of labour.
• Complete reports and projects on time.
• Reduce line operating costs.
• Accurate and timely recording of data.
Responsibilities & Expertise
• Constantly strive to increase operational performance.
• In depth knowledge of the routine machine operations of the line equipment.
• Optimize Line efficiency whilst maintaining and improving standards.
• Ensure that all team members are trained and competent to carry out their role.
• Ensure that team is allocated efficiently.
• Liaise with the Shift Supervisor regarding feedback of the team’s performance both collectively and individually.
• Encourage continual attention to safe working practices.
• Implement working practices to ensure that the factory operates to the highest hygiene standards possible.
• Improve employee awareness of health, safety, and best practice.
• Personally comply with all policies, procedures, and risk assessments relevant to role and responsibilities.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies