IT Service Support Technician
**apply to email@example.com
IT Service Support Technician
£26-28K DOE per annum
MAT Cover - 12months FTC
Interpersonnel Recruitment is partnered with a well-known local employer looking for an IT Service Support Technician to join their organisation on a full time, permanant basis.
Working within the IT department the purpose of this role is to support the delivery of all IT services, providing the initial ownership, assessment and resolution of all incidents and service requests, to enable the department to offer the best service possible to its customers.
Duties of the Post Holder
• To facilitate the first customer contact point for the IT department, providing excellent customer service.
• To provide ownership of all reported incidents and service requests. Undertaking fault troubleshooting and resolution, within defined timescales.
• To ensure incidents (cases) are updated in the current IT service management tool, and where necessary to escalate to the appropriate third-party support provider, individual or team.
• To monitor system alerts and to ensure escalation to appropriate individual or team.
• To document and update user guides and resolutions as required.
• To carryout IT equipment audits as required.
• To provide maintenance of IT services, to ensure their operation and availability.
• To effect repairs to IT equipment and associated infrastructure e.g. telephone and data cabling.
• To install and configure new IT equipment and associated infrastructure e.g. telephone and data cabling.
• To be responsible for maintaining the asset records of equipment that is purchased, moved or disposed of.
• To work closely with the wider department on projects as required.
• Liaising and working with third party support companies to ensure that faults are rectified in a timely manner. • The post holder will be expected to travel to users and equipment to rectify faults, carry out installations and perform routine maintenance.
• To take responsibility for self-development, identify opportunities for training to keep technical skill set current and to advance knowledge in other areas of technology. To undertake technical and non-technical training as required.
• To be flexible, as required, to cover annual leave, lunchtimes, the 08:00 start, 17:00 finish and provide out of hours support as required by business needs.
• To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
• To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To identify potential risks in the work area, and to report such risks promptly to management. • Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the job holder’s skills, abilities and status.
Knowledge / Experience
*Holding an industry recognised certification e.g. Microsoft Certificate Professional, CompTIA A+/Network+
• Educated to GCSE or equivalent level, including Mathematics and English at grade C or above
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience within an IT support environment
• Demonstrable hands-on experience of PC hardware support and maintenance, including Microsoft Windows operating systems
• Demonstrable experience of application and end user support
• Demonstrable experience of Active Directory administration
• Must be able to demonstrate a good awareness of customer service
• Supporting the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Active Directory user and group administration
• Knowledge of the constituent part of PCs and laptops, able to identify faults, replace components and re-install the operating system
• Knowledge of general network (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) support
• Knowledge of general telephony (PBX and VoIP) support
• Ability to use and exploit the internet for technical solutions
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies