**apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Negotiable DOE + Excellent Benefits
Working for a large award winning company based on the outskirts of Maidstone. Our client is seeking an insight manager Ideally that have worked in either the Category Management or Insight functions, have a few years’ experience or may have worked in the broader Commercial function of a supplier, directly interacting with some of the retailers.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Take ownership for further developing the Category & Insight relationship with several key Retail Customers and drive category growth for our mutual benefit.
· Support the Head of Category & Insight with market performance analysis, translating Category & Shopper data into actionable insights.
· Update & maintain database accuracy, create then update Weekly & Monthly Reports - extensively utilising your Excel skills and attention to detail.
· Using Epos & Kantar sales performance systems to extract data & generate insights.
· Compiling EPOS data accurately and methodically into detailed Excel analysis spreadsheets. Creating & utilising Excel Pivot tables & vlookups on a daily basis - so Excel proficiency is important.
·Creating Summary Reports outlining market share performance from Epos, Kantar and raw data. Circulate within company and to retail customers, highlighting and explaining key take-outs.
· Preparing bespoke detailed analysis as required, exploring several aspects of the Market / Retailer performance for internal and external review. For example, tracking and explaining category share movements, whilst identifying ways to unlock future growth.
· Ability to confidently present & articulate your analysis at both retail customers and internal meetings. Operating with the gravitas to influence your stakeholders through your knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for fresh food.
· Compiling Monthly Board Pack of performance stats including Market Vols & share %.
· Retail Store visits as required – to assess / record product display / marketing approach employed at POP. Understand ranging challenges and monitor availability. Feedback your assessment internally and to your key customers.
· Analysis of in-store Promo activity and providing rationale to shape future activity plans.
· Recording of historical retail pricing & highlighting the key changes observed.
· British Summer Fruit data analysis - tracking Vol% share and communicating internally. Provision of weekly top-line Demand Forecast, taking multiple factors into consideration.
· Ensuring timely & appropriate communication with internal stakeholders including Channel Manager’s and the Sales Director.
· Market Research projects - support the creation and management of research projects to better understand Shoppers or Consumers. Help identify actionable insights and category opportunities.
· Broaden your industry knowledge by attending IGD / Kantar / FPJ / Organic conferences etc.
· Regular project work which will extensively involve the use of Excel and data analysis.
1. Ideally you’ll already have around 4 years experience working in a comparable Category / Insight role within FMCG or Produce - working directly with major Retail customers.
2. Demonstrate a track record of pro-actively building positive working relationships with key customer contacts - interacting with customers in a professional, credible and timely manner.
3. Familiarity with Kantar & IRI data systems and metrics would be advantageous.
4. Highly analytical and numerate individual with strong IT skills, including Advanced Excel and experience of making frequent Powerpoint presentations.
5. Work with high levels of accuracy, attention to detail and the diligence to double-check work before sharing.
6. Strong organisational / planning skills, prioritisation and efficient time management to meet frequent deadlines. Delivering prompt responses to all service requests.
7. Good interpersonal skills, ability to relate to others and be a positive influence within yourteam. Ability to work well as part of a broader cross-functional team, encompassing colleagues across the professional, operational and cultural spectrum.
8. Strong appreciation of business needs and adopt a resourceful / creative approach to providing category or business solutions.
9. Ability to identify needs, see & articulate opportunities and recommend the appropriate course of action to capitalise.
10. Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor your approach to meet the needs of each audience
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website