**apply to email@example.com
£28k + Excellent Benefits
The Business and our subsidiaries, deliver effective gateway and traffic services for our customers. Processing up to 10,000 Lorries per day, 120 ferry crossings, 130 cruise ship calls each year, 335k tonnes of refrigerated cargo, and a vibrant marine leisure sector. It is a 24 x 7 business, facilitating over £120 billion in trade each year. It is an asset intense, fast pace operation facilitating the highest volumes of traffic and vessels of any ferry port in Europe. Each day, the capacity of the port is turned over 5-6 times, which demonstrates the intensive use of the infrastructure to produce the business volumes. Recently, they undertook the largest programme of investment in contemporary times.This programme will see the operational land base capacity expand by 20%, deliver new refrigerated cargo infrastructure, provide a new 250 berth marina and create opportunity for further property development.
To provide a proactive, efficient and professional human resource service to all the Board’s internal customers, and to support managers in implementing organisational change and to offer advice on all employment issues. Duties of the Post Holder
• To provide accurate information, support and advice to managers and staff on a wide range of human resource issues and to assist them in delivering the organisations objectives.
• To support managers in the resolution of more complex issues through attendance at performance, sickness, discipline and grievance hearings, as required.
• To deal with all matters arising from staff ill-health, including assisting in the identification and development methods of managing sickness absence; managing departments sickness absence, including referrals to Occupational Health; arranging attendance interviews; providing support and advise to managers on attendance/capability issues and to represent HR at such meetings.
• To ensure procedural compliance with standard HR policies and procedures, including probationary periods, working time regulations, induction and exit process.
• To deal with applications for flexible working, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave, ensuring that departments understand the procedures.
• To develop and monitor HR policies and procedures in line with changing employment legislation and organisational/departmental objectives.
• To support the recruitment interview process for a range of technical and non-technical roles.
• To maintain and develop HR functionality of the business ERP system.
• To assist with payroll processing, HR and L&D administration for holiday and sickness cover.
• To maintain a good network of relationships with internal and external customers.
• To undertake benchmarking across the organisation and its subsidiary companies.
• Any other duties assigned by the Human Resources Manager from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the jobholder’s skills, abilities and status.
• To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
• To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To identify potential risks in the work area, and to report such risks promptly to management.
Ideal Fit Our Operation (Knowledge & Experience)
• CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent
• Qualifications at GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English, minimum grade 4 or demonstratable competency • Minimum two years (recent) experience in a HR advisory capacity
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) to an intermediate standard to communicate and present information in a variety of formats
• Experience in handling confidential information/material and a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality in the work of a HR department
• Demonstrate a good understanding of Employment Law and up to date knowledge of HR best practice
• Experience of working with HR computerised systems to include producing reports. Our Business (Practical Application)
• Demonstrate a confident and approachable character
• Demonstrate ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload, managing own time and working to deadlines • Willing to work flexible hours, when required
• Able to participate in an On Call Rota or attend in an emergency, when and if required
• This post requires an individual who is committed to continuous professional development and willing to undertake the necessary study to gain professional status within the CIPD within a reasonable time frame. Our Team (People & Behavioural Skills)
• Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with peers, managers and other staff at all levels
• Able to work with minimal supervision
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies