Customer Relations Manager
**apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Relations Manager – Architectural & Design Sector
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Full Time, Permanent. Office based.
Our client based in a picturesque town outside of Ashford is seeking a professional and hardworking candidate to support customers with the design, successful order process and contribute to the project delivery.
The right person needs to be self-motivated, confident, cheerful and show an intuitive work ethic. An interest and experience in architecture and interior design is very helpful but not essential.
As Customer Relations Manager you will be comfortable liaising with a range of contacts from clients, architects to designers, discussing technical information, making suggestions and remaining up to date with product pricing and supply.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Assisting with clients, architects and designers with technical information and design suggestions for projects.
· Building, managing and maintaining relationships via Teams, email and telephone architects and designers throughout designated areas in the UK.
· This is an office-based role.
· Work well and cohesively within the existing team.
· Staff cover for purchasing and internal sales departments. This will require you to understand all software systems and work in those departments one day a week so you are suitably knowledgeable with processes to assist effectively during colleagues holidays.
· This experience will also provide you with a high level of understanding for products design and technical elements which is crucial for providing effective recommendations/suggestions/assistance for client’s projects when working with your sales territories.
· Ability and interest in learning product knowledge, both aesthetically and technically.
· Ability to effectively communicate to clients and fellow work colleagues with good business ethics, spelling and grammar.
· Good communication skills, verbal and written in person and with technology.
· Excellent organisation skills, time management, priority management and an eye for detail.
· Computer literate with an understanding of computer systems, especially Microsoft software products
· Self-motivated and self-managing, with the ability to work alone as well as in a team.
· A positive attitude and happy nature with ability to get on with all types of personalities.
· Ideally the applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm
· Friday 08.30am to 5pm
Due to location, own transport is necessary for this role. Plenty of free parking on-site and location is ideal if you wish to avoid high volume traffic commuting.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies