Credit Controller **Legal**
** apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Controller **Legal**
A great opportunity has arisen for a full time Credit Controller to join our client’s Finance team based Maidstone. Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm. Hybrid working is available.
If you have experience of working within an internal finance team, this could be the role for you. Experience of working in a law firm as a Credit Controller who understands SRA Solicitors Accounts Rules is preferable, although we may consider candidates from other industries.
· maintain the Firm’s debtor ledger in accordance with internal Credit Control procedures
· maintain a strong working relationship with clients to ensure that payment of all outstanding invoices are made promptly or to agreed client terms
· update the Firm’s credit control system to ensure accurate tracking of collections work is maintained to assist with debtor reporting information and expected payments for cash flow purposes
· when required, to assist the Revenue Manager with the use of Court procedures to enforce legal proceedings to recover debts
· liaise with Partners and fee-earners when clients query outstanding invoices to ensure such queries are resolved promptly to enable the collections process to be continued without delay
· to assist with the communication with Team Leaders, including the circulation of reports and meetings where required, in order to review debtors and then follow up with prompt action where problems are identified
· to support the Working Capital manager where required to assist with unbilled work in progress reviews to prompt the billing to cash collection process
· be aware of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Firm’s accounts procedures and Anti Money Laundering procedures to ensure compliance
· assist other members of the Finance Team when necessary to ensure that an excellent service is provided to the Firm with colleagues being fully supported
· assisting with other day to day duties as and when required
The ideal candidate will have:
· a minimum of 2 years’ credit control experience, preferably within a law firm or other professional practice environment
· knowledge and use of accounting packages and processes
· knowledge of online business banking systems
· knowledge of SRA Accounts rules if from a legal firm background
· an understanding of VAT regulations
· Ideally you will have excellent attention to detail and a good aptitude for working with numbers. You need to demonstrate proactivity in resolving queries and be highly organised and able to use your initiative to prioritise when under pressure.
· This position would suit a team player who can manage a busy workload and contribute to the success of the wider team. Ideally you will be comfortable communicating and building relationships with stakeholders, of varying levels, across the wider firm in a professional manner.
· Due to the nature of the work the team is involved in, you will need to understand and demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in your work.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies