Business Systems Assistant
**apply to email@example.com
Business Systems Assistant
IT Reports To: Business Systems Partner
Full time / Permanent
The Business and our subsidiaries, deliver effective gateway and traffic services for our customers. Processing up to 10,000 Lorries per day, 120 ferry crossings, 130 cruise ship calls each year, 335k tonnes of refrigerated cargo, and a vibrant marine leisure sector. It is a 24 x 7 business, facilitating over £120 billion in trade each year. It is an asset intense, fast pace operation facilitating the highest volumes of traffic and vessels of any ferry port in Europe. Each day, the capacity of the port is turned over 5-6 times, which demonstrates the intensive use of the infrastructure to produce the business volumes. Recently, they undertook the largest programme of investment in contemporary times.This programme will see the operational land base capacity expand by 20%, deliver new refrigerated cargo infrastructure, provide a new 250 berth marina and create opportunity for further property development
Working within the IT department the purpose of this role is to support the Business Systems Partner in the ongoing support and training of users of the business’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The role will also support the Business Systems Partner in improving business processes, by gathering user requirements to exploit current and future technologies, in order to maximise outcomes and benefits for the business
· Ensure the asset base and operational capability perform to the highest standards to enable continued traffic growth – safely, securely and reliably
· Embed a customer centric approach, striving for ‘Team Dover’ where all parties are working toward an aligned objective of growth
· Develop new opportunities to diversify the business, achieving growth rates in non-ferry business lines greater than to the growth in ferry business lines. An entrepreneurial approach, combined with an acquisitive drive will hallmark such success
· Leverage opportunities created from the Dover Western Docks Revival (DWDR) investment, as well as unlocking other areas of our estate, to create greater enterprise value and income streams
· Establish a prominent reputation through engaging with all stakeholders, achieving high operating, compliance and governance standards, and delivering continued improvements in our business
Duties of the Post Holder
· To provide support on the ERP solution. Communicating with colleagues to keep them up to date with progress and issue resolution.
· To provide training on the ERP solution, maintaining user guides and expanding availability across all system solutions. Ensuring relevant training is provided to new employees and targeted refresher training is delivered as a need is identified.
· To support the Business Systems Partner in identifying the continued changes in processes, procedures and practices, documenting requirements and assisting in the development of policy/governance needed to achieve delivery of the planned benefits.
· To support the Business Systems Partner in delivery of the Make Minutes Matter initiative by supporting the Change Champions on their journey towards continuous improvement.
· To support the business adoption of Microsoft365 initiatives.
· To be flexible, as required, to cover annual leave. Generic Duties
· To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
· To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To identify potential risks in the work area, and to report such risks promptly to management.
· Any other duties assigned by the manager or supervisor from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the job holder’s skills, abilities and status.
Qualifications Good level of basic education at Grade C or above in:- English Language IT Business Systems Assistant
Experience of using and supporting an ERP system Experience in dealing with internal and external customers Good communication skills (written & oral) including producing and delivering presentations and taking meeting minutes.
Experience of IFS Experience in working in an IT support role Experience in the delivery of IT systems training.
Knowledge and hands-on experience of one or more of the following areas:
• Microsoft Office365
• Process documentation
· Current Driving licence and use of own vehicle
· Flexibility to be able to adjust working hours to meet demand
▪ 25 days annual leave ▪ Generous contributory pension scheme ▪ Discretionary bonus scheme ▪ Private healthcare ▪ Life assurance ▪ Employee assistance programme ▪ 3rd party discounts ▪ Free Parking
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website www.interpersonneluk.co.uk/vacancies