Application Support Analyst
**apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Support Analyst
Our client delivers effective gateway and traffic services for our customers. Processing up to 10,000 Lorries per day, 120 ferry crossings, 130 cruise ship calls each year, 335k tonnes of refrigerated cargo, and a vibrant marine leisure sector. It is a 24 x 7 business, facilitating over £120 billion in trade each year. Each day, the capacity of the port is turned over 5-6 times, which demonstrates the intensive use of the infrastructure to produce the business volumes. Recently, they undertook the largest programme of investment in contemporary times. This programme will see the operational land base capacity expand by 20%, deliver new refrigerated cargo infrastructure, provide a new 250 berth marina and create opportunity for further property development.
Working within the IT department’s development team, the purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise in application support, analysing business requirements and processes in order to implement and identify added value to the IT services supporting the business and its operations.
Duties of the Post Holder
· To support and administer the company’s business applications and systems, including associated business intelligence reporting (BI) and databases, ensuring they are proactively maintained and retired as required by the business.
· To provide fault troubleshooting and resolution for assigned incidents within a timely manner, ensuring incidents are updated in the current IT service management tool.
· To create and maintain IT system documentation and policy documentation. For new systems this will include the production of user manuals and training the user community.
· Take a leading role in championing new cloud-based applications and systems from evaluating and implementation though to user on-boarding and training.
· To create training programmes for assigned areas of technology, and to deliver these to the department.
· To use your technical experience and knowledge to make suggestions for any projects or initiatives that would enhance or ensure the continued delivery of IT services, and to submit the appropriate project proposals.
· Liaising and working with third party support companies to ensure that work is delivered, or faults are rectified in a timely manner.
· To use your experience and knowledge to maintain a strong stance on cyber security.
· To work closely with the wider department on projects/task groups, providing timely assistance and support as required.
· To take responsibility for self-development, identify opportunities for training to keep technical skill set current and to advance knowledge in other areas of technology. To undertake technical and non-technical training as required.
· To be flexible, as required, to cover annual leave and provide out of hours support as required by business needs.
The Ideal Fit their Operation (Knowledge & Experience)
• Educated to GCSE or equivalent level, including Mathematics and English at grade C or above.
• Experience administering Business and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
• SQL & Report Writing (PowerBI, Crystal, Qlikview)
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and the Power Platform
• Experience in database administration (Microsoft SQL or Oracle)
• Some knowledge and experience of cyber security
• Some knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure • Some knowledge and experience of web development Our Business (Practical Application) or (Management Principals) or (Leadership Attributes)
• A good awareness of customer service. • Lives within easy reach of Dover or have means of transport.
The Team (People & Behavioural Skills)
• Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work autonomously. • Comfortable managing own workload / timetable. • Good organisational skills. • Good communicator
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website