Account Manager - Export
**apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Manager (Export)
Full Time / Permanent
Competitive + bonus + Excellent benefits
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Development of or our international business accounts, Amazon UK, and Fresh Direct in the UK to provide growth through innovation and facilitating directly with grower model
· Driving significant growth within Collective Brand
· Coordinate sale of berries to international destinations, and Fresh Direct UK to optimise grower returns and develop company share within those customers
· Provide the basis of a trading relationship that establishes company as the pre-eminent UK supplier to Fresh Direct and International customers
· Provide international market (Sales) advice to growers.
· Manage and develop key distributors (such as Driscolls) in order to increase exports through working with trade partners
· Through account management skills deliver the best return per kilo possible from your customer segment minimising wastage and managing variances to plan in the most efficient way (price recovery and minimised waste)
· Build customer relationships from transactional to more planned and imbedded programs
· Call customers to receive verbal sales update.
· Collate fruit availabilities from growers.
· Manage distribution of fruit through SOPS to meet haulage deadlines.
· Verify that customers’ prices meet expected values and input into the SOPS.
· Updating customers on availability, quality, and price expectations
· Communicating with teams to ensure costs, values, and customer requirements are understood
· Out of hours service.
· Exploring new business opportunities with the customers detailed above.
· Ensure internal reporting systems are updated daily with variations to demand and availability
· Ensure claims are accurately reported back, and best values for fruit are attained in these circumstances
KEY STRATEGIC RESPONSBIBILITIES
· Customer meetings
· Brand development with Fresh Direct
· Grower meetings.
· Internal communication of market price movements and intelligence.
· Market customer visits as required
· Development of new customers.
· Participate in execution of sales function departmental strategy.
· Support and develop new ways of working
· In conjunction with Insights team help define the future growth opportunities for customer to help build their performance and reliance and relationship with company
· Other ad-hoc duties as required
1. Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
2. Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
3. Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
4. Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
5. Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
6. Proactive in targeting new sales opportunities, ideal person will have a strong international sales contact book
7. Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
8. Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
9. Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
10. Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
11. Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
12. Very good organisational skills
13. Good IT
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website